the Spring 2018 cycle of Embodied Practice is now in session
Offering you an opportunity to explore:
- Embodied asana practice and alignment
- Inspired, creative sequencing
- Restorative yoga
- Yin yoga
- Vinyasa yoga
- Slow and Low yoga (interoception and somatic movement)
- Finding and liberating your authentic voice
- Introspective practices like guided meditation and forest bathing
- Creative practices like singing, chanting, writing, mala stringing, and more
- One on One mentorship
- How to let yourself shine and shine through in your teaching (if you choose to teach)
- Ayurvedic self care and worldview
- The subtle body
- A chance to explore within yourself while gaining the tools for guiding and teaching others
There is no value in being expected to practice yoga like the person next to you. In the same way, there is no value in teaching yoga like the person next to you. Embodied Practice: an Abide Yoga (Teacher) Training will encourage you to discover and honor your path to self care, an immersion for the creative and the curious that changes the way we approach our practice and how to share it. A balance between community based practices and personal evolution, we’ll learn from each other that ultimately we are our own greatest teacher.
Are you passionate about this journey of discovery? Are you willing to commit to the exploration? There are no prerequisites for self-care. This training is for everyone. This training is for the student, the teacher, the introvert, those with a deeply felt practice, those that are discovering their practice, those that are in need of connection, those that want the tools to teach. The creative and the curious and those that have always wondered what it would be like to live in an embodied, authentic way.
2018 Teacher Training Dates
fall dates will be announced soon!
There are texts to read, home practice and reflection, homework, and time in session (dates listed). Typical session are some Fridays from 6 - 9, and Saturdays and Sundays from 12 - 5. You will also be required to attend a set number of classes at the studio (equaling about 2.5 classes per week) to fulfill requirements for certification. At the completion of the training course you will receive your 200 Hour CYT (certified yoga teacher) certificate.
Is Embodied Practice, an Abide Yoga (Teacher) Training registered with the Yoga Alliance?
The short answer is no. Here’s why:
- The Yoga Alliance (YA) is a paid registry, not a governing body as many people believe.
- There is no oversight. Trainings that are registered with the Yoga Alliance say that they will follow the set curriculum they’ve had approved by YA, but YA doesn’t check in to make sure that’s actually happening. This has led to trainings *saying* they would be covering certain material but not actually covering it, and the trainee has no recourse through YA.
- The overwhelming majority of yoga studios and other institutions (including gyms and hospitals) do not require YA registry for a yoga teacher to be hired. Instead, it’s mostly about the KIND of teacher you are, and how you approach the studio owner or hiring person, and your ability to produce a certificate from a yoga program (not present your YA registration).
YOUR ABILITY TO TAP INTO YOUR GIFTS AND USE THEM TO LEAD OTHERS CAN'T BE REGISTERED.
During your 200 + hour training, you will be receiving quality instruction on embodied asana alignment, teaching methodology (if your focus is to teach), sequencing, self-reflective and creative practices, physical and subtle body anatomy, and more...all the same information you’d receive in a YA themed program. But without the red tape of YA, we can dive deeper, personalize the program to fit your needs and goals, and add in the mentorship component. This is a training that has lots of individualized attention.
$2950 early bird (Paid in two installments, booked by December 8th)
$3250 (Payment Plans and booking after December 8th)
Investment includes all training hours, mentoring, training manual,
and unlimited yoga at Abide Yoga for the duration of your training.
$2950 early bird
For early bird pricing, the amount may be Paid in Full at time of booking, or a $500 deposit is required to save your spot.
$3250 (Payment Plans and regular booking)
Total may be paid at the time of booking, or a $500 deposit is required to hold your spot in the program. For payment plans, a total of $1000 is due prior to the start of training. Monthly payments are in the amount of $562.50.
Space is limited for this intimate program. Two $500.00 scholarships are available to offset the cost of training.
Please contact Hope or Gwen for more information.
Looking for More Details?
For more information on the Embodied Practice (Teacher) Training, please submit your name and email address below.
Download the full document outlining the Spring 2018 training session's curriculum so you can get a better sense of us and what we offer.
We can't wait to connect with you!